greenbluered and Share Smiles supporting local guides at Volcanoes National Park.
greenbluered believes that tourism is an effective way to create economic opportunities to families in need in Central America, providing educational and social benefits to the children of local communities.
To improve the quality of life of Central American communities by providing economic opportunities through tourism, while at the same time having a positive impact on the traveler through meaningful and colorful experiences and detailed service.
greenbluered believes in…
- Authentic, responsible and meaningful travel.
- Offering colorful experiences through hands on activities and interaction with locals.
- Giving back to the communities we work with.
- We have our own nonprofit organization named Share Smiles that sponsors communities with tourism potential, working directly with local rural schools.
- A percentage of what you pay for the tours goes directly to the work done by the nonprofit.
- Many tours and packages include visits to the sponsored communities.
- We hire locals for tours and activities.
Here is how you can get involved!
1. VISIT OUR PROJECTS!
As part of your trip within El Salvador, you can choose to visit one of our projects which are located in beautiful places such as in the middle of three volcanoes or in front of a pristine beach. We can also arrange a social trip in which the focus is sharing time with the local school.
2. SEND YOUR SMILES TO OUR PROJECTS!
Through our nonprofit organization you can send a one time or monthly economic support to the work we do. Check out the Share Smiles website for more information.
Through our brand Share and Travel, you can volunteer for a week or more at one of our nonprofit projects. Visit Share and Travel for more information.
4. SHARE THE WORLD!
If you have had the opportunity to travel the world, you can share that experience with a student by sponsoring him to one of several trips we organize as part of our nonprofit work. Travelling opens their mind and motivates the student to keep in school and eventually graduate.